[App_rpt-users] Ras Pi 2 doesn't like xenon flashes???

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Sun Feb 8 20:42:04 UTC 2015

While not familiar with the Pi2,
I guess I have learned something.

Never would have dreamed of a photo-sensitive chip outside of a eprom.
Especially in the power supply area.
They must use a on-chip led/photo transistor as a flip/flop toggle of the
power. Opto-isolation. That would make sense. I have seen chips with just
that but have not used them. A good lesson on new analog things to
troubleshoot.

All these micro-controllers are susceptible to digital rfi/rfp noise.
Proper shielding your controller is still best practice regardless. Unless
you like surprises that make you scratch your head.

...mike/kb8jnm