[App_rpt-users] Ras Pi 2 doesn't like xenon flashes???

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun Feb 8 19:11:53 UTC 2015

Hi Mike & Everyone,

My initial questions (and alarm) were if the RPi2 might be excessively
sensitive to external EMI---something like that can be really hard to deal
with around high RF environments.

But, after reading more threads, it appears this issue is truly light
sensitivity in one of the switching PS chips (U16), due to how it's
encapsulated (or lack thereof!) in plastic. Adding a small light shield
apparently fixes this issue, based on what other testers say.

I don't yet have a RPi2, so I can't test.

73, David KB4FXC