[App_rpt-users] re Zello on Allstar

Robert Newberry N1XBM at amsat.org
Tue Feb 10 15:29:23 UTC 2015

I guess I should add I am not a dialing for dollars guy so I don't leave my
node parked on any networks we just mostly mind our own business up here in
Maine. Is the audio perfect no its not. I suppose there is some compression
happening somewhere.

With that said I have less than a half dozen people with access to my zello
channel most of them with the exception of the over the road trucker just
use it as a monitor only type situation because the app itself runs good on
a smartphone and it has a nice feature set. The truck driver friend likes
it because he can use his blue parrot head set and a mapped ptt keeps him
legal. The audio is good enough to hear. No not perfect though. His headset
has some serious noise canceling and he doesn't sound half bad.