[App_rpt-users] At what tempature should I start getting concerned

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Thu Feb 12 10:29:41 UTC 2015

On 2/12/15 1:50 AM, Loren Tedford wrote:
> Hey I have a repeater located in a harsh environment and was curious at what
> temperature should i be concerned of failure here is the repeaters current
> temps..
> [root at KC9ZHV-_R ~]# sensors -f
> k8temp-pci-00c3
> Adapter: PCI adapter
> *Core0 Temp:**
> **             -56°F*
This seems suspect, it's very very cold for a core on the same chip.  I'd be
inclined to mark it as invalid.
At cold temps, you run into issues with the  devices not being able to cold
boot.  Once running most things will be fine down to -40c/f or so, but if let
sit at that temp, they may not boot.  Keep in mind these are built with
commercial grade parts which are not rated for these extremes.
> Core1 Temp:
>               +5°F

73's W9CR

--