[App_rpt-users] RTCM Troubleshooting Questions

Marshall Oldham ke6pcv at cal-net.org
Mon Feb 16 19:39:07 UTC 2015

Greetings,

I need some help or suggestions on a few issues that I am having with a current RTCM setup.

I have an RTCM that is setup for a friend in Idaho to connect back to my repeater system using
a simplex radio and a RTCM.

The hardware includes an RTCM connected to a Yaesu radio via the packet radio port.

The audio levels and squelch settings were previously set using a service monitor at my house
and all appeared to working fine from the various tests conducted with the radio connected to a
dummy load.

He then transported the RTCM and radio to his place in Idaho and plugged it into his home
internet connection.

Everything appears to be working fine with the exception of few issue that come up everyone in
while.

Sometimes when he is talking, his audio will drop out and his simplex node will go into
transmit on his side for no apparent reason.

Sometime when there is no activity on either side of the connection his transmitter will key up
for a brief time then drop.

(He has checked the his receiver input for signals and none are present.)

Any Ideas on how to trouble shoot this?

Thanks

Marshall - ke6pcv