[App_rpt-users] Audio distortion using usbradio

Marshall Oldham ke6pcv at cal-net.org
Wed Jan 14 23:54:50 UTC 2015

Kevin,

Well said, I was going to post something similar but you beat me too it!

I have never had ANY issues with audio distortion when using usbradio, then again I have never tried to run usbradio with a computer that has lower CPU performance.

While simpleusb might be good for lower powered CPU based system, usbradio works fine on systems that use a reasonably powered CPU.

Yes usbradio takes more CPU to run some of the DSP features that are available.

I don't want folks to get the wrong impression about simpleusb verses usbradio, usbradio is not evil, they both have their place!

73

Marshall - ke6pcv