[App_rpt-users] Weird behavior

Mike M kf7mbk at w7ara.net
Thu Jan 15 03:52:15 UTC 2015

I have two nodes set up.  One of them is a DMK URI the other is a CM119
dongle. Both are in full duplex mode 3.

I have an HT connected to the DMK with a COR signal going in (internally
tied to the squelch light). PTT is not connected to the HT.

I link both nodes and have a speaker on the CM119.

The behavior I expect is when the COR goes high, both nodes should PTT, and
both nodes should pass audio from the HT.  It seems that when audio is
active, the green light flashes fast, so I will say I expect that as well.

But what I get is this:

When a signal comes into the HT, both dongles PTT are activated reliably (I
added a red LED to the CM119), but randomly, one or both dongles will not
pass audio (which also seems to be tied to the green light flashing fast.)

So randomly one, the other, both, or none of the dongles will start
flashing the green LED fast when the COR goes high (PTT always activates).
If the CM119 green light flashes fast, I hear audio out of the speaker
regardless if the DMK is flashing fast (not monitoring audio on that node)

When I do head audio, mid transmission, the audio will just stop and the
green lights will go back to the slow flash, but the PTT will remain high.

Watching the console, nothing comes up when the audio stops.  But when the
COR is dropped, the PTT is also dropped on both dongles and I  see --
Hungup 'Zap/pseudo-[some number]'.

Load average is low, ~0.2 when this happens.  I previously had this all
working with 6 nodes pretty well but now I can't even get 2 working
reliably.

This is with simpleUSB.  Any dieas?  I just recompiled with the radio_relax
flag unset as in Dougs simpleusb howto because I was getting random DTMF
triggers which I thought might be causing it, but I'm not getting those
anymore and it's still a problem.

I am seeing these messages randomly, but they do not appear to be tied to
any external actions.

 WARNING[27142]: app_rpt.c:9526 rpt_tele_thread: telem_lookup:ctx failed on
Zap/pseudo-393439155

On a side note, is there a way to keep allstar from trying to register
private nodes?  I keep getting the Registration Refused messages pop up in
the console.

Thanks

Regards,
Mike Montalvo, KF7MBK