[App_rpt-users] simplex vs duplex for a home node

Elden Fenison w7ldn at w7ldn.com
Sun Jan 18 05:33:25 UTC 2015

Thanks for the info Doug. That strange whooshing sound you may have heard a
little while after you sent this was most of that info flying right over my
head. I'm afraid I don't have the level of electronics knowledge to tackle
most DIY projects. I even paid for my URI cable (that should tell you
something).

But great info! My take-away on all this is that I would need essentially
four radios and two URIs. I would need two of the radios to interface to
the node via the URIs. And then two radios (HTs possibly) to be able to
transmit to one of those, and receive from the other at the same time. This
seems like a huge hassle. Although I could probably use cheap chinese HTs
for all four. I did see a like on your site that showed soundcard FOBs with
HT connectors.

That assumes I want to do this using RF. Dialing my node and operating via
telephone or hanging a speaker off of a soundcard FOB sound like a few
other ways. (I assume when you referenced iaxrpt, you were talking about
interfacing with a telephone).