[App_rpt-users] Get the same USB port assigned to a node at startup each time?

Cole Cunningham colecaz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 22:09:57 UTC 2015

I'm a  pure newbi to Asterisk/app_rpt and am trying to learn enough to see
if it will work for an RLC-3 replacement for my club.

I have four nodes in test mode running on one server using USB FOBs and
every time Asterisk starts the four USB FOBs get assigned to different nodes
than they were on when Asterisk was shut down.  Lsusb shows the FOBs are
split with two on each internal USB bus, corresponding to the hardware USB
controllers.  I get good audio out of all four FOBs every time, just from
different nodes than last time.  The PC is a home built Intel G2130 of
fairly recent vintage.

Is there a way to tie a USB hardware port to a particular node so I get the
same node on the same hardware every time?

This is particularly critical in case of power failure so the site can come
back up without operator intervention.

Thanks,

Cole, AA7RD