[App_rpt-users] Newbie, autopatch help

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Sat Jul 4 15:58:37 UTC 2015

Unless you have made a change to "context" on the Phone Patch command line,
you will be in "radio" context.

You can place your dial strings there but...
Understanding that by default, there is a bunch of stuff in "radio"
context that you may not understand, it is a "trap" to keep anyone from
dialing toll numbers. Normally, you would want to place your dial strings
under/after what is listed there. But you probably need to look that over
that you are not dialing a string that is being treated/matched as a
invalid number.

If you look closely at it, you will see that after toll number check, it
later forwards to new context "autopatch" with the dialed extension. You
could place your dial strings there.

Keep a back-up copy for reference that you can attempt it again (if
needed) when/as you understand more.

As a test, you could make the dial string match the "first line in radio
context" to see if all else is well.

[radio]
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial,SIP/google/${EXTEN}

...mike/kb8jnm