[App_rpt-users] Removing the connection message

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Jul 14 15:22:47 UTC 2015

Mike,

 The BBB is no different than Acid in that regard. The connect messages are made up of Alison text put together to form a message on the fly. This is done in the code and not changeable without a source code mod and recompile.  If you go into the Asterisk client - asterisk -rvvv - and do a connect or disconnect you will see in the log how the individual snippets are put together to form the message.

As was mentioned in an earlier message if you put a pre-recorded  audio file with the nodenumber that is connecting as the filename in the nodenames directory it will play that connect message instead. Since you are recording the message it can say anything you want. The RPi2 and 1.2.1 BBB versions have goggle text to speech built-in and you could either use that or your own voice to create a message.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio