[App_rpt-users] Odd behavior

Mike M kf7mbk at w7ara.net
Wed Jul 22 18:20:00 UTC 2015

I've had a BBB node (with DMK URI) connected to a GM300 for days now for
testing.  I have the PTT line from the URI disabled in case anything goes
haywire, I don't want to TX into the local repeater.  Well today it went
haywire.

I looked over and saw the URI was TXing, but there is nothing connected to
the node and telem is turned off, so it should never TX.

I have a SIP connection set up so I can dial directly into the node, and
when I do I get a fast busy signal.  I thought maybe there was something
wrong with the SIP connection.

I unplugged the DB25 from the URI and connected an adapter that goes to a
set if powered speakers to see what it was TXing, and it was the same, a
fast busy signal!

It plays for about 10 seconds, then unkeys and silence for 2 and repeats.

Anyone ever see this behavior?

I can SSH in and get into asterisk.  There is no debug output for core or
rpt.

If I issue a command via the CLI, it actually plays over the busy signal.

I tried issuing the disconnect all nodes command and it didn't make a
difference.

I haven't reset anything in case anyone has some debug commands I can run
to trace this down.  With something like this, it really casts doubts on
whether this system is ready for use in the field.  I mean locking up is
one thing, but a problem like this, where it resets every few seconds would
just kill our repeater network as the timeout timer would not come into
play at all.

It was working fine this morning and I haven't touched it since.

Regards,
Mike Montalvo, KF7MBK