[App_rpt-users] Multiple Echolink Server side

Tony Langdon vk3jed at vkradio.com
Wed Jul 29 22:25:52 UTC 2015

On 30/07/2015 6:55 AM, Doug Crompton wrote:
> I believe multiple echolinks, assuming you have multiple public IP's
> need to be setup on different servers each port forwarded from a
> different public IP. You would need multiple routers since you cannot
> route the same (echolink) ports to different LAN addresses on the same
> router. Unlike Allstar you have no control over the ports. They are fixed.
>
> Perhaps VPN would work in this situation but you would still need
> multiple servers. Echolink is NOT allstar but then we all know that.
> Thank God for Allstar!

Not necessarily.  The OP stated they have multiple IP addresses
available, presumably on the one server (similar to I have on the
Echolink/IRLP reflector box that I run).  The question as I understand
it is whether it was possible to run multiple Echolink configurations,
each bound to a different public IP on the same box.

> *73 Doug
> WA3DSP
> http://www.crompton.com/hamradio*

> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 14:11:26 -0500
> From: lorentedford at gmail.com
> To: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] Multiple Echolink Server side
>
> Hi again its loren was curious on how to setup multiple echolink
> configurations with the rpt.conf and echolink.conf
>
> On the server side I can get as many ips as needed however my issue is
> how can i get these services to work together..
>
> I have enough bandwidth and grunt power just need some advice on how
> to set it up properly.
>

> Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
> Email: lorentedford at gmail.com <mailto:lorentedford at gmail.com>
> Phone: 618-553-0806