[App_rpt-users] Echolink Driver Question

Loren Tedford lorentedford at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:24:24 UTC 2015

Here is my usual trouble shooting list with Echolink..

1. Make sure all ports are port forwarded correctly
*UDP to ports 5198 and 5199*
*TCP to port 5200*

I *always * Create a Static ip on my unit inside the network that the
repeater is running through and usually if possible I leave the repeater
side as static and set the static ip from the modem or Router example
192.168.0.100 or 10.10.10.100 some thing like that. After setting this ip i
then port forward the appropriate ports needed for allstar and echolink.

http://www.echolink.org/firewall_solutions.htm

2. Make sure you Echolink.conf file is correct

[el0]
confmode=no
call=W6ABC-R	; Change this!
pwd=XXXXX	; Change this!
name=Asterisk-EL-channel-driver ; Change this to your real name!
qth=Asterisk-EL-channel-driver ; Change this to your actual QTH!
email=foo at bar.com ; Change this!
maxstns=20
rtcptimeout=10
node=123456 ; Change this!
recfile=/tmp/recorded.gsm
astnode=2345 ; Change this to your active Allstar node number!
context=radio-secure
server1=server1.echolink.org
server2=server2.echolink.org
server3=server3.echolink.org
freq=145.000 ; Freq in MHz
tone=100.0  ; CTCSS Tone (0 for none)
lat=34.74978  ; Latitude in decimal degrees
lon=-92.27666 ; Longitude in decimal degrees
power=0  ; 0=0W, 1=1W, 2=4W,  3=9W, 4=16W, 5=25W, 6=36W,  7=49W,
8=64W,  9=81W  (Power in Watts)
height=0 ; 0=10' ,1=20',2=40',3=80' ,4=160' ,5=320' ,6=640'
,7=1280',8=2560',9=5120' (AMSL in Feet)
gain=7 ; Gain in db (0-9)
dir=0 ; 0=omni, 1=45deg, 2=90deg, 3=135deg, 4=180deg, 5=225deg,
6=270deg, 7=315deg, 8=360deg (Direction)

*http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/56 <http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/56>*

Let me know if you need more direct help i will try to do my best to answer
by the way ports for allstar default ssh 222 and 4569 is the defaults for
the allstar public side you might need to open up 5060 and 5038 depending
on what all your trying to accomplish keep in mind one should never and
i repeat NEVER DMZ any allstar box this will lead you wide open for attacks
and possibly leave you vulnerable to hackers I LEARNED THE HARD WAY!!!!

Trust me they will try to do anything to make free phone calls..

73's for now

Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
Email: lorentedford at gmail.com
Phone: 618-553-0806