[App_rpt-users] use of an IP phone to monitor my node

pete M petem001 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 9 22:57:05 UTC 2015

I was given an IP phone about 6 months ago.It was left at my friend home after he lost his job cause the company went bancrupt. (he was working from home) they took the laptop but never asked for the phone and router ;-)  )
So I took it and it was trying to call home to download its firmware and boot..
So I did a reset, now its waiting to know what do..
The model is a polycom IP335
Would it be possible to program it so that it call my node so that I could remote monitor it..
That of course would be a learning experience about IP phone..
I also have an ATA , a grandstream ht701.. would that also work?
Thanks for the time you take to answer my nooby question.
Pierre