[App_rpt-users] Remote Bases with 16 channel radios?

Robert Newberry N1XBM at amsat.org
Wed Jun 10 14:12:00 UTC 2015

Ok I've done it on the GM300 using a pacific research controller. The GM300
use BCD binary coded decimal. Basically pulling certain pins low will cause
the radio to jump to the requested channel. It worked very slick. I know
this isn't specific to app_rpt but it should be doable. I also am not sure
on the SM120 if it does BCD. I will say it worked really slick. When the
controller heard a certain DTMF it would pull what ever combination pins
low and go to that channel. I'm pretty sure this can be done with app_rpt
it seems you can do just about anything you can dream up.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812