[App_rpt-users] homebrew USB sound fob no RX audio

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 03:23:08 UTC 2015

I made the modification to the startech CM108 sound fob. This is for a
second node on the same machine. Everything should be working, the node is
transmitting with audio and PTT is activating properly.

The receive should be working too, I plugged it in to my macbook and was
able to hear the white noise just fine and I could hear my voice when I
keyed up.

I also had Jeremy W0JRL help with everything on the software, and we tried
about everything from Flat audio to speaker audio to COR to CTCSS but still
no receive audio coming through the network, it isn't detecting anything
when I am transmitting from my node radio to the node.

I was on the phone with him for almost two hours trying anything we could
think of, I did anything hardware, and he modified anything software, but
we still got no audio through the network. We even turned off the squelch
and there was a dead carrier through the network.

Is there something wrong compatibility wise with this fob? I did everything
in the instructions and I got it from here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829128002.

I used this instruction manual
http://www.repeater-builder.com/projects/fob/USB-Fob-Construction.pdf

If this is a compatibility issue, it is sure a weird one because the
Txaudio worked fine.

Is there a way to tell if any audio at all is coming in to AllStar?

What can I try next to troubleshoot?

73
Skyler KDØWHB

--