[App_rpt-users] Using a private node

Cole Cunningham colecaz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 18:54:08 UTC 2015

I've found all the information needed to set up a private node except how to
use it from the internet.  The Web transceiver from allstarlink.org wants
you to chose a node from their list.  If I make a private node, is it
possible to use the web transceiver or something similar to access and use
the node?  Or can you only use a private node from another node by using the
connect commands?

Also, do I understand correctly that node numbers in the 2000 range are
private?  If so, how is access restricted?  I tried the test node 2002 and
connected with no problem, just like a public node.

Cole, AA7RD