[App_rpt-users] Using a private node

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Mon Mar 2 19:56:15 UTC 2015

Cole,
You can only use the web transceiver for AllStar nodes, not private nodes.
You can use a IAXRPT on a Windows machine (or under wine) to connect to a private node.

No, you are not correct node numbers BELOW 2000 are private 2002 is a registered node.

73, Steve N4IRS

> I've found all the information needed to set up a private node except how to
> use it from the internet.  The Web transceiver from allstarlink.org wants
> you to chose a node from their list.  If I make a private node, is it
> possible to use the web transceiver or something similar to access and use
> the node?  Or can you only use a private node from another node by using the
> connect commands?

> Also, do I understand correctly that node numbers in the 2000 range are
> private?  If so, how is access restricted?  I tried the test node 2002 and
> connected with no problem, just like a public node.

> Cole, AA7RD

-- "Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic