[App_rpt-users] Experimental Asterisk app_rpt build available for Raspberry Pi 2

(KP4TR)Ramon Gonzalez kp4tr.ramon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 06:08:10 UTC 2015

Hello,

I just rolled an experimental build of Asterisk app_rpt on the Raspberry
PI2 for ArchLinux.

Use at your own risk. You're on your own! It is experimental, but you're
welcome to ask questions here or directly if I have the time to respond.
There is nothing special about it, except it it runs on the Raspberry Pi
2. It was an excercise to roll my own and learn more about how to roll
my own Allstarlink.

I must give credit to Anthony, VK2ACP, whose excellent package build
tool Dahdi-linux-allstar-pi for Archlinux in GitHub was a blessing after
spending countless hours trying to get Dahdi to install correctly. His
tool made it a breeze.
Also credit to the BBB guys (KB4FXC WA3DSP W0ANM) since my BBB Asterisk
configuration worked with minor changes on the Pi 2.

The disk image is being hosted here (Yes we also do IRLP, but had
nowhere else to host this file!) : http://irlplatino.net/wp/?page_id=738
and there is a link where you can download the zip file.
As usual, unzip, and use Win32DiskImager to write on an 8GB microSD card.
Thanks to KP4EOP and KP3IV for hosting of the file.

To get it up and running:

Download ZIP file.
Unzip and use Win32DiskImager to write image to an 8GB microSD card.
Insert sd card into Raspberry Pi2.
Apply power, boot up and root password is allstarpi2.
Change root password with 'passwd' command. (Not my problem if you get
hacked!)

Run the script /etc/asterisk/scripts/node_id_gen.sh W0XXX 12345 to
generate a voice ID. Use your call and optional node number.
This generates your callsign and node id. The node id parameter is optional.

Configure .conf files in /etc/asterisk as usual. There are no special
start up scripts. Change password, and a stock configuration of allstar
is in the usual folders (/etc/asterisk).

Use at your own risk. You're on your own!

73!

Ramon Gonzalez
KP4TR - Tampa Bay, Florida