[App_rpt-users] Record repeater audio ?

KB0KZR kb0kzr at matthouse.com
Fri Mar 13 04:40:10 UTC 2015

Hi all--

Our group may have a need to record the audio on the repeater, linked or
not (but if linked, include the mixed audio).  It seems we have some
possibly unlicensed individuals using our systems.  I say possibly,
because they're speaking Spanish -- they do seem to identify, but all the
callsigns we've heard are out of state and most are expired.  We'd like to
start with making recordings to be translated after the fact, before we
start trying to track them down.  Keeping recordings of on-air traffic
doesn't seem like a bad idea in any case though.

Is there a good way to make recordings with app_rpt?  Asterisk itself
could do it, I think, although I'd have to figure out how (might have to
pass through meetme somehow), but I don't think local repeater traffic
ever passes through Asterisk in a way I can record?

Thank you,

-Matt Sturtz, KB0KZR-