[App_rpt-users] Record repeater audio ?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Mar 13 05:22:21 UTC 2015

Matt,

 Put this command in the node stanza of the node you want to record in rpt.conf

archivedir=/var/log/asterisk/audio

It does not have to be this path. Put it wherever you want but create any directories that are not there. In this case the audio directory was created.

After you restart, ALL audio will be stored in wav files in the designated directory with a node number directory appended. Using above example if your node was 41000 in /var/log/asterisk/audio/41000

Each transmission will be a separate file date and time stamped.

In addition there is a  txt file file for each day that includes ALL status information - rxkey, txkey, etc.

grep the txt file looking for RXKEY to see who keyed and at what time. Then you can reference to a date and time for the wav file to listen.

If you have multiple nodes you can put the statement in other node stanza and also save that nodes information.

Do NOT do this on a diskless system like a BBB as it stores lots of information that would quickly file the card and not be good for the SD card. In that case an attached large USB stick or USB hard drive would work.

As a side note the BBB and now the RPi2 have an additional command - archiveaudio= 0|1  to turn off the audio recording to save space if you just want to see the status information.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio