[App_rpt-users] Simplex node

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Fri Mar 27 20:34:20 UTC 2015

Kevin,

What are you using for PC hardware?  What's the processor, RAM, etc?  If
changing from USB to Simple fixed the issue you reference below, I'd say
you were over taxing the computers capabilities. USBradio is a wonderful
thing, but only if you have the hardware to support its functionality.

CTCSS is not mandatory.  You can have a carrier squelch repeater, or you
can have the radio or other device do the decoding and use "CTCSS from
= usb or usbinvert"
You also need to comment out the proper CTCSS components in the usbradio
conf file, otherwise CTCSS is automatically "turned on".

Again, the symptoms you speak of makes me believe you are running out of
horsepower.

Kevin Custer