[App_rpt-users] Squelch Tail Elimination

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Sun Mar 29 16:33:30 UTC 2015

There are two squelch tails.  One in the user’s receiver which  can be eliminated by using tone squelch and turning off the PL some time before dropping the carrier.  Some commercial rigs respond to the reverse phase tone burst. That is unusual in amateur rigs I think. And some amateur rigs require the tone to be turned off longer that the app_rpt default.  This all has to do with the squelch tail being generated in the user’s receiver.

But if you want the *repeater* not to transmit a squelch tail - from its own receiver - then you need:

  Rxsquelchdelay  in usbradio.con

as previously discussed in :

 <http://ohnosec.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/2014-April/009175.html> http://ohnosec.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/2014-April/009175.html

for example

rxsquelchdelay=50 ; delayline in ms, carrier squelch tail eliminator

this requires use of the usbradio channel driver.

73

Ken