[App_rpt-users] RTCM with GPS

Chuck Henderson rpt2 at chuck.midlandsnetworking.com
Fri May 1 23:18:46 UTC 2015

I don't think that you said, but I will assume that you are using the
Garmin GPS and that you have it located where it has a clear view of the
sky and that you have it cabled correctly and with the correct settings, up
to date firmware in the RTCM, etc...  Most likely IMHO, you have a network
problem on your Ethernet or your network between your RTCM and your
computer.  I have found that if there are lots of errors, collisions,
re-transmissions and the such on the network, the RTCM just looses track of
the GPS.  Fix the network problem and the GPS will mysteriously start
working great.
Chuck Henderson, CCIE2285, WB9UUS