[App_rpt-users] How to tell when a node is keyed?

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun May 3 19:07:37 UTC 2015

On 05/02/2015 09:07 AM, Sam Nabkey wrote:

> It would be extra nice if we could designate remote nodes as local so
> the normal CT plays if they are connected.   I run a hub and local
> nodes connect to that.  I only want the CT to change if there is a
> node connected that is not one of the locally connected nodes.
>
> I've also looked at the events and that doesn't quite do it.  I do use
> it to start some software I wrote to query  the status of my Doug Hall
> voter.
>
> I would be curious if someone has any luck with it.
>
> Thanks

It's been my experience, that the stanza [telemetry] is global
throughout rpt.conf.  At least ... that's the way it's -supposed- to work.

I wanted different CT's for my two nodes - one UHF repeater and a VHF
simplex node.  I set two separate telemetry stanza's for each node and
was totally confuzzled as to why they weren't different, regardless of
what I did.  :-/

After getting the 'telemetry is global' reply from several on this list,
I capitulated and pointed both nodes to the one telemetry stanza.  Or so
I thought...

Apparently, I changed the statement for the VHF simplex node to read
'only' telemetry, and had forgotten to change the UHF repeater to the
same, instead pointing -it- to 'telemetry[nodenumber]'

There -is- a stanza named 'telemetry[nodenumber' but that's the only
place where telemetry tones are declared and stated.  There is no stanza
for the telemetry stanza on the VHF node, yet each radio now has
different CT's (not that I can -change- 'em, but I got what I wanted).

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR