[App_rpt-users] Echolink announcing the wrong Callsign/No Callsign

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Tue May 5 20:00:00 UTC 2015

On 05/04/2015 04:41 PM, Loren Tedford wrote:
> Yes speaking of this topic I wanted to make mention i have noticed
> issues with Echolink first one Yesterday i had some one connect to my
> Hub using Digital into the echolink some how both parties were using
> Digital through my Analog system.. Second issue i have recently had
> issues with on Echolink especially individuals not iding properly
> because they dont here the repeater traffic they think because there
> is silence that they are not connected into some thing live on the air
> I had explained otherwise after finding out one day.. Another issue I
> am faced with in the Echolink world is no really easy way to ban on
> sight using Almmon2 any suggestions here? on top of the above? I hate
> really having to ban some one but if they wish not to follow proper
> protocol such as iding speaking english etc.. it makes it sad that we
> have to ban other ham operators.. Anyway any thoughts suggestions
> besides shutting off echolink?

Were it me, I'd assign a 'Private Node', configure Allstar with
echolink.conf and point it to the private node, and if echolink starts
to be an issue, just disconnect the private node.  The end users don't
know and think they're still connected and ... technically, they are.
There's just no RF or anything linked to that private Allstar node.

just a thought.