[App_rpt-users] Motorola MSF / Voting / Receivers;

R. Wayne allstar at controlservers.net
Sat May 9 14:19:55 UTC 2015

Great answer, Jeff! We KNOW that the MSF is designed for a 2nd receiver tray and it would be nice if we had some direction. At least a schematic on that sub-section. Nope. “It won’t work. Don’t waste your time... (or ours by asking.) Thank you for your reply.

There is another say that we can go. We can use a RC-210 controller or even a Zetron 38, a RC-100 – any number of external hardware controllers. But then how will Allstar like this? With the RC210 we can put the repeater on port 1, the receiver on port 2, and the RTCM on port 3 and then tell them all to talk to one another? We even have some Vertex VX-4100’s that have 20 KHz channel spacing and similar spec’s as the CDM750. Wouldn’t it be great to just solve the problem rather than adding more hardware complexity?

It seems that Allstar is the solution as long as we can speed up the audio delay. But then again if we vote will it matter? I mean , won’t they all have some delay caused by the internet itself? Our biggest concern is with the “primary” receiver going out to the internet and then back just for the repeater to TX. What if the internet goes down? So then would our repeater. Our site vendor has 25 sites connected over 5.8 GHz and if we used a VPN this wouldn't be an issue. But we have receivers that will be remoted and this will require internet rather than a VPN right?