[App_rpt-users] Hf remote base

Robert Newberry N1XBM at amsat.org
Sat May 23 02:19:30 UTC 2015

I was reading about hf remote bases on the internet. There doesn't seem to
be a lot of information out there on it. I did see the thr IC-706 and
FT-897 are supported. I have the 897 and it really doesn't get much use. I
think this would be a great way to get more use out of it.

Does anyone on this list currently do this? How do you control the squelch?
Are you using an auto tuner? Or fixed frequency.  Also I read you can
create access control to prevent unauthorized use.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812