[App_rpt-users] RPi2 Allstar Audio Quirk.

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sat May 30 15:43:35 UTC 2015

Hi Keith,

This excessively long, random audio delay is present with all RPi2 boards
I've tried and it's a software issue. I've occasionally noticed this same
delay on other platforms, too---even fast PC hardware. However, on fast
hardware, the delay doesn't show up very often; so the issue is better
hidden.

I've got a software fix for this problem and it'll be in the RPi2 version
1.1 arm-allstar release. I'm trying to get that code to beta-test ASAP. We
already have some alpha-test code out and it has a few rough edges, but it
provided us with proof-of-concept feedback as to what precisely was
happening (and it does fix the delay!).

73, David KB4FXC

On Sat, 30 May 2015, Keith Goobie wrote:

> What about the allstar RPi2 variant that comes out of the UK?
>
> Keith
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On May 30, 2015, at 10:22 AM, Tim Sawyer <tim.sawyer at mac.com> wrote:
> >
> > This is a know issue with RPI2 in repeater operation. There is a
random delay in repeat audio. Doug and Dave are working on a fix. Forcing
turbo mode will help some.
> > --
> > Tim
> > :wq
> >
> >> On May 30, 2015, at 5:08 AM, Keith Goobie <keith at goobie.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Good day Alll!
> >>
> >> We have a two node system using the RPi2,a and the latest Compton
WA3DSP code (with many thanks).

> >> Here is the anomaly we are experiencing and we are seeking guidance
and input to remove the issue.  After a user unkeys, he/she will hear
about a second of their voice during the tail time.  This occurs when a
node is connected and not connected to other nodes.  Something is feedback the audio.