[App_rpt-users] New Official Allstar Distribution Released (DIAL)

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Mon Oct 5 20:00:23 UTC 2015

Bryan,
Yes, rolling you own is still supported. I will continue to provide
scripts and patches to install AllStar Asterisk on Debian. My scripts
and patches will remain at <https://github.com/N4IRS/AllStar>

DIAL is a really a Debian netinstall that sets up to download and
install asterisk on first boot. It makes a number of assumptions of how
a bare metal machine should be configured and downloads the source to
DAHDI and Asterisk (From the SVN) to build a functional node.

The decision to support root login has it's pluses and minuses. To
retain compatibility with ACID it is enabled by default. During the
testing of the image I had quite a few people needing help to login and
edit files using tools like WinSCP. As you well know, it's trivial to
turn off and I may add a question to the node setup scripts to make it
easy to swap.

My plate is quite full right now with 1.0 of DIAL, A brand new Android
IAX client and preparations to update the PiStar and other SBC Debian
images to mirror DIAL.
If someone wants to tackle getting current Asterisk working with app_rpt
I'll provide whatever I can. I know in the past it has been said it is
not possible .

73, Steve N4IRS

--
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic