[App_rpt-users] New Official Allstar Distribution Released (DIAL)

Stacy kg7qin at arrl.net
Mon Oct 5 20:07:03 UTC 2015

Steve,
I didn't want to say anything (since I haven't had a chance to call Jim
yet), but since people are asking-- I've already started the port of the
latest app_rpt.c (0.325) from the repository to asterisk 1.8-currenr
(1.8.32.3), which is why I made the comment earlier.

So far, having hacked back in some code that was removed from asterisk,
I've been able to get app_rpt.c to answer, send telemetry, etc.  What it
doesn't do, and I haven't worked on this in several days, is be able to
"dial" other systems and connect people once someone has connected to
it.  The program times out before detecting that the other end has
responded and reports a connection failure.  I've narrowed down the code
that does the connection, processes the call and reports the failure.  I
have some ideas on what is causing it, but won't be able to look until a
few more days.

-Stacy
KG7QIN