[App_rpt-users] DIAL - questions

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Tue Oct 6 10:01:51 UTC 2015

Mark,
Do you have a duplex radio(s) connected?
Is the COS connected from the receiver to the URI?
Does the receiver hold the COS line low when not receiving a signal?
With carrierfrom=usb the URI sees either either a disconnected receiver
or COS high signal as the receiver is receiving a signal.
This would key the transmitter in a duplex configuration.

Yes, chan_usbradio IS supported.
I don't remember carrierfrom=dsp in simpleusb.conf

73, Steve N4IRS

On 10/06/2015 01:08 AM, Mark Johnston wrote:
> First off, great work on the new DIAL to replace ACID...
>
> A couple issues I have been having, one after a reboot of the computer
> - rare I know but always good to test, the transmitter keys up for
> some odd reason, in duplex=2
>
> Second issue, /var/lib/asterisk/rpt_extnodes does not show my node
> 28344... I have it setup on port 4570 and fwd setup correctly -
> manually setup in rpt.conf the IP/port to my other test server on ACID
> - and can connect, but can't connect to/from any other nodes.
>
> anyone have an idea what could be going on here? Why does it key up
> til the timeout time runs out and why is my node not showing up in the
> rpt_extnodes?
>
> Also is usbradio still supported? Does simpleusb have new features? I
> ask because the simpleusb.conf originally had 'carrier from=dsp' just
> thought maybe it supports PL decode or something?
>
> simpleusb.conf
>
> [general]
>

> [usb28344]
>

> hdwtype=0
>
> rxboost=1
>
> txboost=1
>
> carrierfrom=usb
>
> ctcssfrom=usb
>
> txmixa=voice
>
> txmixb=no
>
> invertptt=0
>
> duplex=1
>
> rxondelay=0
>
> eeprom=0
>

> simpleusb_tune....
>

> [usb28344]
>
> ; name=usb28344
>
> ; devicenum=1
>
> devstr=3-2:1.0
>
> rxmixerset=500
>
> txmixaset=100
>
> txmixbset=100
>

> rpt.conf
>
> [28344]                                 ; Change this to your assigned
> node number
>

> rxchannel=Simpleusb/usb28344
>
> duplex=2
>
> erxgain=-3
>
> etxgain=3
>
> ;controlstates=controlstates
>
> scheduler=schedule28344
>
> morse=morse28344
>
> macro=macro28344
>
> functions=functions28344
>
> phone_functions=functions28344
>
> link_functions=functions28344
>
> telemetry=telemetry
>
> wait_times=wait-times
>
> context =  radio
>
> callerid = "Repeater" <0000000000>
>
> idrecording = |iKC7DMF
>
> accountcode=RADIO
>
> hangtime=100
>
> althangtime=100
>
> totime=170000
>
> idtime=540000
>
> politeid=3000
>

> 73's
>

> Mark KC7DMF

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic