[App_rpt-users] DIAL Install Hangs

Darren Carleton dcarlet_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 05:01:19 UTC 2015

First I would like to say I do like the way this installs much more quickly and was an easy boot from a UBS Flash.

I have an Intel DN2800MTE motherboard.  It requires me to add parms on boot:
video=LVDS-1:d video=eDP-1:d
This allow for my external VGA monitor to display.

So far... So good...  Next the basic packages get installed and the system shuts down.
Upon startup, some packages are add/removed and then the system hangs.  What I found was that my network router supports IP v6.  I don't have it specifically configured.  The end result is that the DNS name servers are not set so that the steps in rc.local can find the hosts.  In order to work around the issue I added the following:
video=LVDS-1:d video=eDP-1:d ipv6.disable=1
This causes IP v6 not to be started.  IP v4 took over (DHCP) and obtained the correct settings and updated /etc/resolve.conf correctly.

I hope this helps others and adds value for future documentation.

Thanks & 73's

Darren
KJ6KFB