[App_rpt-users] DIAL install hangs

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Fri Oct 9 11:06:01 UTC 2015

Darren,
Thank you VERY much for the report & fix
Most fixes don't require it but, I'm tweaking the ISO right now anyway.
I will include the ipv6 disable in the next rev (soon)

 > First I would like to say I do like the way this installs much more
quickly and was an easy boot from a UBS Flash.

 > I have an Intel DN2800MTE motherboard.  It requires me to add parms
on boot:
 > video=LVDS-1:d video=eDP-1:d
 > This allow for my external VGA monitor to display.

 > So far... So good...  Next the basic packages get installed and the
system shuts down.
 > Upon startup, some packages are add/removed and then the system
hangs.  What I found was that my network router supports IP v6.  I don't
have it specifically
 > configured.  The end result is that the DNS name servers are not set
so that the steps in rc.local can find the hosts.  In order to work
around the issue I added the following:
 > video=LVDS-1:d video=eDP-1:d ipv6.disable=1
 > This causes IP v6 not to be started.  IP v4 took over (DHCP) and
obtained the correct settings and updated /etc/resolve.conf correctly.

--
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic