[App_rpt-users] How do I get my computer to recognize my internet connection on Centos

kk6ecm kk6ecm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 05:04:28 UTC 2015

I suspect the NIC drivers are not in the bios, and they don't appear to be loaded from the ACID CD. In this situation, I've loaded CentOS 5.10, which has the drivers, then loaded the remaking ACID build on top of that. Ic and the how to instructions if you'd like. On the other hand, Have you tried the ACID replacement, DIAL? I don't know if the CD image has NIC drivers. Here is the announcement made a few days ago.

*********
A new official Allstar Link Distribution is now available.

It is called "DIAL" (Debian Install (for) Allstar Link).

It is based on 'Debian Jessie', and supports a number of modern motherboards
and other hardware configurations, of which the "Old Standard" (ACID) distro
sadly fell short.

It runs a VERY modern 3.X Linux kernel and DAHDI (as opposed to Zaptel, as was
in the ACID distro).

The ISO (installation) image may be downloaded at:

http://dl.allstarlink.org/dial/dial-allstar-netinstall.iso

Download the image, "burn" it to a CD or USB stick, install it, let it do its
"installation stuff" (it reboots once or twice), and then, finally log in as
'root' with the password 'debian'. You will be taken through a script with
a few questions, and then it will be ready to use.

This is a result of a great deal of diligent work by Steve Zingman, N4IRS and
Mike Zingman, N4IRR, without whom this would have not been possible.

Please express your gratitude to them for making this possible.

Jim, WB6NIL

*******

Thanks,
Bob