[App_rpt-users] Modified FOB vs URL

W5JR Mike w5jr.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:50:09 UTC 2015

I expect many just use the RX/TX audio, a COS/RUS/CTCSS input, PTT and ground. Seldom both COS and CTCSS so that the cop command can switch from tone to carrier. And never use the extra GPIO pins for other things, like mic hang up for Tone/Carrier if separate COS/CTCSS aren't available, hi/low power on a remote or repeater, antenna 1 / 2 selection, discreet channel steering, porch light on/off, etc, etc. And if usbradio is used, then COS/CTCSS/RUS isn't even required. I have such a configuration - just 4 wires from the repeater radios (gnd, disc, mic, ptt). And I have several fobs to modify and free up that URI for a higher calling....someday.

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA