[App_rpt-users] Voicemail

Stacy kg7qin at arrl.net
Fri Oct 16 05:05:24 UTC 2015

Voicemail is possible if you follow the directions for setting up the
voice mailboxes for Asterisk 1.4.  It will involve having voicemail.conf
file with the various options needed and something in your dialplan in
extensions.conf for it.  You will also need to make sure
app_voicemail.so isn't set to noload in your modules.conf file.

Various links with information on setting it up:

http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/voicemaile_conf.html
http://the-asterisk-book.com/1.6/kapitel-voicemail.html
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+VoiceMail
http://mike.eire.ca/2011/08/16/asterisk-vm-multiple-addresses/

It is actually pretty easy.  I don't recommend it though if you are
running a Raspberry PI with a SD Card/flash drive -- it is better if you
have a HD or SDD setup to store the files.

You can even have the voicemail messages attached to an e-mail and sent
to you for listening.

73,
Stacy
KG7QIN