[App_rpt-users] Asterisk 1.4 with SIP

K Yoksh yokshs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 05:08:05 UTC 2015

Hello all,

This is OTish.....

I have been trying to find the IP address of SIP hackers, and apparently
Asterisk 1.4 logs my public IP rather than that of the offender:

[2015-10-20 21:02:47] NOTICE[20894] chan_sip.c: Sending fake auth rejection
for user 1002<sip:1002 at MYPUBLICIP>;tag=2b4388ac

>From what I can tell, the issue was resolved in Asterisk 1.6 or 1.8, but I
can't find a patch or hack for chan_sip.c to log the offender's IP.

I guess my question is, can we move ahead to a newer version of Asterisk? I
am running the Debian DIAL (Love it so far BTW!)

Thanks,

73..

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN