[App_rpt-users] Asterisk 1.4 with SIP

Stacy kg7qin at arrl.net
Wed Oct 21 06:27:31 UTC 2015

Kyle,
No.  app_rpt and associated files have not yet been ported to a newer
version of Asterisk (they won't work due to changes in the internal
structure of newer versions to include compiling without some hacks to
put things back in asterisk that are needed).  I've been working on it,
and have most of them poted to 1.8, but they are not by any means
production ready and as of late I've been working on a paying gig, so
the app_rpt stuff has been moved over -- I should be back at it in this
next week.

If you need SIP, setup another box with a newer version of Asterisk to
receive incoming calls, screen them and then send them to your
AllStarLink Asterisk box.

I recommend running fail2ban on the machine that has SIP facing the
internet as well.

73
Stacy
KG7QIN