[App_rpt-users] Switching from carrier access to CTCSS access - Asterisk DIAL using URI interface

Dave Newmyer dnewmye at gojade.org
Mon Oct 26 23:52:40 UTC 2015

Hello,

I recently updated from Asterisk ACID to Asterisk DIAL due to hardware
(CPU) problems.  The install went well, and I am now able to use the
Lenovo CPU that I had trouble with  (Sept 7, 2015).

I was recently informed that it would be preferable if I were to use
CTCSS access on my node instead of  carrier access, and I have been
attempting to do so, first by activating ctcss via dsp in the
usbradio.conf file, then by reprogramming my Mot M120 radio for a
channel with carrier access, or the alternate channel with ctcss access
and adding a line from pin 8 of the radio accessory connector to pin 7
of the URI.

In Radio-Tune-Menu, choice 4  Auto-Detect Rx CTCSS Level Value passes,
but if I try performing a DTMF command like *81, I get no reply from the
node.

Any ideas as to what I should try next?

Thanks,

Dave N