[App_rpt-users] Switching from carrier access to CTCSS access - Asterisk DIAL using URI interface

Jon Rorke jrorke at cogeco.ca
Tue Oct 27 14:31:17 UTC 2015

Are you using chan_simple_usb or chan_USB _radio for the channel driver?
It sounds like you are using simple USB.

If using chan_simple_usb then the radio must provide a hardware signal
to the URI on the PL input pin. I think its pin 8. So your radio must
provide a pl decode  line that should be connected to the PL input on
the URI.

If thje radio can supply both a COR and a separate PL decode line then
connect the COR to pin 7 on the URI and pl decode to Pin 8.

Then you must set up the polarity on the uri to match that of the radio.
If the line from the radio decodes pl, then goes low then set in
Simple_usb.conf  ctcss_from = USB invert.
  If the signal goes hi when decoding the pl tone then set ctcss_from  =
USB.

Carrier_from must also be set correctly polarity. sounds like you were
using that so its ok.

But if your radio is reprogrammed to give a combined COR/PL decode (in
other words the line only goes active with a signal that opens the
radios squelch and has the correct pl tone) then it could be connected
to the COR input pin 7 and leave it as is.

what you need to determine if your COR/ PL line is going active with the
correct pl tone into the radio.
if not then you need to configure the radio so that it does. you may
need to ground  hang up pin to get the pl decode to work.
I'm not up to speed on the M120. Others may comment in more detail on
what you can do for the accessory pins and programming.

save and restart. see if it decoding tones then.

Also set RX audio to "Flat" if connected to discriminator.

In simple USB there is no DSP decoding of squelch or pl tones from
discriminator. this mode relies on the radio to handle those jobs.

If you want the r node to do all that decoding then you must change the
node to use Chan_usb_radio driver. then you can set up the node to
decode the pl tones in SW and do squelch decoding too.

Jon VA3RQ