[App_rpt-users] Problem with a post-install on an inactive node (28781)

Dave Newmyer dnewmye at gojade.org
Tue Sep 8 02:09:04 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have been attempting to get my simplex node back up and running after
being off of the air for a couple of years.  The ULI device and radio
are the same, but the computer, installation software, ect. are all
different. I am using a new install from an acid-centos.iso I downloaded
a couple of days ago.

At post-install,  I get the following:
mpg123:no process killed.
Asterisk ended with exit status 1
Asterisk died with code 1
Automatically restarting Asterisk

This repeats over and over.  I checked the archives, and found a series
of postings from someone who had a similar problem some time back.
In reading the log file  /var/log/asterisk/messages  the errors refer to
a problem with Zaptel.

One of the suggestions was to update Asterisk from SVN, then update Zaptel.

After doing this, Asterisk started, and I was able to perform system
info and time DTMF commands to my node.

Later, I tried resetting the computer and after restarting it, I am back
to the
mpg123:no process killed.
Asterisk ended with exit status 1
Asterisk died with code  1
Automatically restarting Asterisk

Errors over and over and over again.

I am thinking that possibly my config files on the AllStar.org website
might have an issue, but on one of my re-installs of the software from
the cd, I chose not to download the remote configs.

Anyway, I am not sure what to try next.

73,

Dave N
N0KM