[App_rpt-users] New Acid install - kickstart download fail from USB

kk6ecm kk6ecm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:35:07 UTC 2015

ACID install sets the device to the CDROM. The files are located at
http://stats.allstarlink.org/dl/installcd/

I found it easier to use a USB CDROM to boot the ACID build than it is to
modify the files, but then again, I'm somewhat of a newbie. I have loaded
Centos 5, which from what you say, you could load from the stick, then I
setup SSH, and go from there, loading in the rest of the load scripts
required for ACID on the new server, making minor modifications so they
could find their directory, then executing them on the new server. I found
this necessary when the new computer did not have the drivers for Ethernet,
then continuing the ACID boot process.

This is the procedure I use... piece parts gleaned from various Allstar
contributors... a bit manual in nature, but it works.

Load CentOS 5.10

No features, tools only, no desktop

Set ssh /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Run "setup" at comand line and disable firewall

vi /etc/rc.d/acidrepo

    <http://dl.allstarlink.org/> http://dl.allstarlink.org

Execute portion of ks.cfg, each line at a time

cp /etc/rc.d/rc.local /etc/rc.d/rc.local.orig

cat <<EOF >>/etc/rc.d/rc.local

cd /etc/rc.d; rm -f phase1.sh; wget -q
http://dl.allstarlink.org/installcd/phase1.sh

chmod 755 /etc/rc.d/phase1.sh

/etc/rc.d/phase1.sh

Auto reboot after phase1.sh executed

if desired, setup firewall, "setup" at command line

perform a yum update: "yum update" at command line

fix zaptel http://docs.allstarlink.org/drupal/node/111

  _____