[App_rpt-users] Uri for echo link

Stacy kg7qin at arrl.net
Wed Sep 9 05:51:38 UTC 2015

Advanced Repeater Systems has a USB device for both Echolink and
Allstar.  (They are nicely refined versions of the USB Sound FOB
modification instructions you find for AllStar.)

Echolink interface:
http://www.arsrepeaters.com/EchoLink_Interfaces.php  (won't work with
AllStar.  It uses a CM118 chip, but not the right one. I have one, and
trying to use any of the usb radio to include chan_alsaradio causes
problems -- it comes up as C-Media Headphone Set and doesn't have all
the sound channels/controls a normal CM108 USB Sound FOB does ).  I have
opened the case on mine, it is basically a USB Sound FOB modified and
mated with their radio interface board.

AllStar adapters :
http://www.arsrepeaters.com/USB_AllStar_Adapters.php  (will probably
work with Echolink too.  Same design as the Echolink, says it uses an
actual CM108 chipset in it.)

And there is a version for WinLink too.

Schematics are available on the site if you have the desire and skill to
make your own (or you can get the universal one that doesn't have the
interface cable included).
.
They also have serial versions (I built my own based off their design
schematics on the page).

-Stacy
KG7QIN