[App_rpt-users] ACID + URIs in new hardware

John Locke jldharma at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 11:23:06 UTC 2015

Hi,
We have used URIs in some radio projects, its a great product.

But we can't make it work on "new" PCs. We are using the Centos (ACID) ISO
image with Asterisk.
In the new PCs there are some problems with the audio.

David Kramer from DMK Engineering Inc. Told me that "You are correct in
that some newer PCs have very poor hardware support under Linux.
Specifically the USB drivers are buggy.  The only suggestions we can offer
are to 1) try using a different motherboard or 2) use an older PC that as
you noted seem to work better."

- Which kind of new motherboards work OK with ACID + URIs?
- Is there some alternative to the URIs that don't use USB?

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
John