[App_rpt-users] DTMF By-Direction Propagate

Jesse Lloyd ve7lyd at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 20:38:12 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I have a RF network built out that has various drop repeaters controlled
via DTMF. We've been having issues with one of our RF links, so we decided
to use 2 RTCM's and an Allstar server to link the sites together via IP
instead.

This worked great, however I'm having difficulties getting DTMF to pass. On
the network we use * and # to control the drop repeaters, so I changed the
function characters to: funcchar = A endchar = D, since A and D aren't used
on our network. The link is permanently connected so I just wrote a startup
macro for node 80: startup_macro = A390DA40 which connects node 80 to 90
and puts 90 into control mode so DTMF passes.

The problem is DTMF doesn't pass the other direction.  I can't put
startup_macro = A380DA40 into node 90's stanza, asterisk complains that the
nodes are currently connected.

Any ideas how I can do this? Really there is only a handful of commands
that need to propagate over the IP link, I read on one of the archived
mailing list emails that you can write a COP for every command needed to
propagate over the IP link, but I can't figure out how to do that.

Any help would be great,

Thx,

Jesse