[App_rpt-users] Mastr II and usbradio

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Sun Sep 20 13:01:59 UTC 2015

On 9/19/2015 8:56 PM, Jim Duuuude wrote:
> I just spoke with the "Mastr II Guru", and he said that if you take
> the discriminator audio
> (off of volume/squelch high), it should work with chan_usbradio quite
> well.

Depending on the type of FOB, yes, there should be no problem.  The URI
and RIM work fine with the (large) amount of audio from the VOL/SQ HI.
If using a modified or converted USB audio adapter, just make sure the
audio is sufficiently reduced so the MIC input isn't over-driven.

> Remember, for transmit, you need to feed it SEPARATE "program audio"
> and CTCSS
> (you will need to use BOTH outputs of the USB device separately).

Not to argue with the MASTR II Guru, whom ever that may be, but
composite works fine on MASTR II's that have the FM ICOM - - feeding the
modulation pin directly.  Yes, this requires pre-emphasis and limiting
turned on in the software.

If the M2 is a phase modulated type, then yes, use separate audio and
CTCSS outputs from the radio interface thingy.  Feed the MIC HI with the
voice audio and the Channel Guard input with the CTCSS audio.

Kevin Custer