[App_rpt-users] Mastr II and usbradio

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sun Sep 20 15:41:42 UTC 2015

USB and USBinvert are used only when you are using hardware signals from
the radio to provide cor and CTCSS decode.

If you are using DSP for Carrierfrom and CTCSSFROM in your usbradio.conf
file then the usb and usbinvert are not used.

If you were to use the hardware signals from the radio then you would
select either usb or usbinvert depending the logic signal the radio
provides.

For example: If you are using carrierfrom=usb then the cor line on the
URI would need to be connected to the cor (or CAS). If the signal goes
to ground with no signal (Squelched) and goes hi (unsquelched), the URI
will see the logic signal and treat it as the squelch is open.

If the radio signal goes low WITH a signal (unsquelched) and goes hi
(squelched) then set the carrierfrom to usbinvert.

So the usb setting is for signals that go hi (Active hi) and USBinvert
is for signals that go low (Active low).

the same perameters also apply for the CTCSSfrom seting. for this the
CTCSs decode line must also be connected in the URI.

One other note:

When using these hardware signals, it is important to know that the URI
hardware detection depends on the transition going to ground and not
providing a voltage. It is possible some radios will provide a voltage
swing with a squelch or tone decode, but not go to ground when there is
no voltage.

In the Master II, if I remember, the CTCSS decode does go to ground with
the correct tone but does not provide a voltage. For this connection the
usbinvert would work for ctcssfrom.

But, the CAS is the opposite and provides a voltage when unsquelched but
doesn go to ground when squelched.

For this reason I alsways installed a NPN transistor to invert the
signal in the radio to provide me with a Active low signal for CAS.

Since you are using DSP for Carrierfrom and ctcssfrom, then you can
ignore the hardware signals.

Hope this helps,

Jon VA3RQ