[App_rpt-users] Interfacing URI to TS480

ronald simpson n6gkj1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 22:30:49 UTC 2015

The question I always ask when someone wants to put up an expensive rig as
a node... Why risk an expensive radio?

There have been many time where my radio was linked into by someone else,
then some dumb ...
With a disabled time out timer gets his mic ptt jammed on and keeps your
node keyed up... If you aren't careful you could hurt the radio.

Sure you can set TOT for the node and the radio...

I use cheap radio's...

Moto GM series rigs with low power amps.

Work great.

My 10m node is RX only for that very reason...